On Friday 18th July, the winners of the 2014 Whitbread Strata Community Awards were announced at a Gala Awards ceremony hosted by Larry Emdur in Sydney.
From a field of 65 candidates, there were nine winners announced, plus those awarded Highly Commended.
Winners of 2014 Awards Program
- Innovation of the Year – Megasealed
- Strata Owners Community Engagement Award – 1-3 Botany Road Waterloo, managed by Jamesons
- Professional Commitment to Ethics and Service Award – Havencab
- Strata Management Business of the Year – Small – Guardian Strata
- Strata Management Business of the Year – Large –BCS Strata Management
- Student of the Year – Melanie Lawton
- Young Strata Manager of the Year – Winner – Jodie Smithson
- Strata Manager of the Year – Stuart Denney
- Strata Industry Leader of the Year – Ossie Pisanu
- Highly Commended 2014 Awards Program
- Strata Management Business of the Year – Large – StrataPlus
- Young Strata Manager of the Year – Annie Chan, Emma Moore, Pia Cunningham, Sarah Macauley
This night was all about recognising individuals and companies that have stood out in the strata community sector for having made a difference in their workplace and on behalf their clients.
As our Chairman, Angela Whitbread, shared on the night, “When I was growing up and dreaming of being in business I used to think that there was a magic formula for great companies being great or for an individual being exceptional in the workplace, but after many years of experience in business I have seen that the essential quality of greatness in the work place is the ability to develop genuine relationships based on respect and integrity and having a greater purpose which goes beyond simple financial reward.”
Congratulations again to all the winners. We look forward to continuing our partnership with SCA (NSW) in 2015 to be part of these awards as we continue our mission to empower people, business and communities to thrive.