Caravan and
Camper Trailer

Whether you’re on the trip of a lifetime or a weekend getaway, the last thing you need to be worrying about is insurance. Caravan and Camper Trailer Insurance will ensure that your next holiday goes off without a hitch.

Caravan and Camper Trailer Insurance provides cover for loss or damage to your caravan or camper trailer on its Agreed Value. This includes an automatic Contents cover of up to $1,000.

Available policies can also provide you with the option to extend cover to insure your Annex for on-site only cover or hire use cover.

We understand that your risk is unique, and will partner with you to see that your assets have sufficient protection, giving you a greater sense of financial security for the future.

Whitbread can help you source an appropriate level of cover to ensure you are protected and not at risk of being held personally liable for any accident or injury that occurs on shared or ‘common ground’.

Please Note: Below are some of the more common insurance policy features provided by CIL Insurance, PDS CIL 28882 08-04-11 B, a trading division of AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 AFSL 230859, the issuer of the insurance.  The list is not exhaustive and some features may not be offered by other insurers. Please refer to the specific policy wording for inclusions, exclusions, terms and conditions.

Covered Features

Optional Cover

Option to extend cover to your Annexe, on-site only cover or hire use cover.


Provides cover up to $1,000 automatically included.

Removal and Storage

Cover in the event your caravan cannot be towed following loss or damage.

Emergency Repairs

Authorised emergency repairs if your caravan cannot be towed after an accident.

Temporary Accommodation

Alternative accommodation expenses up to $100 a day if your caravan is not fit to live in following an accident or loss.

Legal Liability

Provides caravan and personal legal liability cover up to $20,000,000.


A motorised caravan, motorhome converted bus, or semitrailer are NOT considered to be caravans.  

Yes you should notify the insurer as this may mean a lesser premium is applied as the coverage is limited to a specific location.

Yes, you can insure your caravan for a higher agreed value however the insurer will require a current written valuation of the caravan from any caravan dealer or repairer.

Yes, the CIL policy automatically provides $1,000 cover however if you require a higher sum insured you can nominate the amount required. 

Agreed Value means that the insured vehicle is insured up to the fixed amount shown in the Policy Schedule, and is the maximum amount payable by the Insurer.

related articles

general enquiry

Give us a call, send us an email, or use the enquiry form by clicking the button below. You take the first step, and we’ll take care of the rest.

We'd love to hear from you.

Need to get in touch with the team? Please fill out the form and our team will get in touch shortly.