We believe in creating positive and lasting change in our world and one of the ways we do this is through the Whitbread Foundation.
The Whitbread Foundation supports programs that break the cycle of poverty and ill health for the disadvantaged through education.
Believe in a better tomorrow.
The Whitbread Foundation was established in honour of the late John and Margaret Whitbread who were great believers in community giving.
The Whitbread Foundation has surpassed the one million dollar milestone for funds donated to charities. Click here to read more.
The Foundation also provides the opportunity for Whitbread people to personally “get involved” in activities that the Foundation supports. To learn more about the Whitbread Foundation and what our people are up to, visit our Facebook page by searching ‘Whitbread Foundation’.
If you believe our people are making a difference and want to be part of it, please follow us.
Thank you for being a Whitbread client, in supporting our business you are also helping to empower others to improve their lives.
The Whitbread Foundation. Supporting the Community.
The Whitbread Foundation invests in the following Not for Profit and Charitable organisations
- Asylum Seeker resource Centre - promotes self-sufficiency and empowerment of all asylum seekers through increased employability, English-language skills, training and education, and social enterprises.
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre is the largest aid, health and advocacy organisation for asylum seekers in Australia.
- The Melbourne Academy is a place where Melbourne’s disengaged and homeless children have access to an education, allowing them to reconnect with schooling.
- The Melbourne Academy classrooms focus on training towards both a VCAL and VET certificate.
- The Hunger Project is committed to ending world hunger through sustainable solutions. Through education, people are empowered to author their own solution to ending hunger.
- The Hunger Project’s three guiding pillars are; mobilisation for self-reliance, empowering women as key change-agents for development, making local government work. The Whitbread Foundation invests in the Kiruhura epicentre in Uganda.
- Zimele's vision is to enhance the dignity of individuals and communities through the empowerment of education and assist in the provision of basic health needs to people in Africa.
- The Whitbread Foundation specifically supports the Education For Life Ministry in Eldoret, Kenya where they are building a resource centre which includes a library, a medical centre, a micro-finance facility and a vocational trades school.